Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oops, did you say that?

Recently I joined some friends for lunch.  It was nice to be able to visit with some I had not seen for awhile. As I mingled from group to group, I could not help but notice that in some groups if someone  cussed, not big time cussing, but rather used a four letter word often, they would apologize to me.  Now I am not accustomed to cussing and yet I will not be a hyprocric and say that I have never used a four letter cuss word in my life, that is not true-I have. But I did wonder at first, "Why would they apologize to me?"
The evening continued we had fun, laughs and great food.  As the evening came to an end I stood and smiled, they apologized because they saw Christ lives in me.  I proclaim to be a Christian and my Lord knows that I have not always led a straight path in my past, but I do try to model the grace God has given me.  I have changed so much these past years that even those I had not seen, could see Christ in me.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" Matthew 5:14-17


     Dear Lord, Thank you for blessing my life, for giving me friends that are blessed in Christ and for those that need your grace.  Help me to be the example that shows your love and blessings.  I will slip at times, I know this Lord, I might even say those four letter words when in a circumstance of anger or pain, but help me to remember your word and let me be a light for men to see your good deeds and praise by my actions and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment