Sunday, June 13, 2010

With God everything is possible

I believe God provides us with dreams & wants- when he thinks it's right and if he thinks we need it.  I'm amazed when I hear people say they are in debt with credit cards.  I had three in my life and I'm fifty.  I owed about one thousand on these cards combined, I closed the accounts and played tag for awhile with credit agencies. Before I graduated and started teaching I went to a credit agency to see if they could help me get my credit in order.  When I told them I was in debt for about $1000 they laughed and told me they could not help me.  The average woman in their 40's was about $20,000 to $30,000. in debt with credit cards.  I left that place thinking I was blessed. 

God I know that sometimes you must look down on us and wonder...why? Why do we seek materialistic things to satisfy our hunger.  Why does it matter what we wear, drive, live. We buy on credit because we don't have to buy in cash....silly I know because in the end we pay more then what we could actually afford.  Lord help us to be more sensible to the daily needs and wants in our life.  Help us to realize that our priorities should be to live by your grace and to share your word.  Help us to be mature in our finances and to learn that we are who we are no matter the shell we live in or the shell we wear.

When we learn to put God as our top priority and to actually pray and ask God "Is this something I really need or want?" He will answer.

"Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things." (St. Matthew 6:33)

God has blessed me, being a single mother for 20 years, I cannot complain.  I have struggled financially in the past, but God has blessed me by making me know to live within my limits.  I didn't need to have extravagant  bling,  car, and  house.  But the simple things I had were mine.   

Lord help me and others to realize that through you all things are possible.  That if we seek your glory and live our life with you as our top priority you will provide.......

No comments:

Post a Comment